Built in 1840, this former Wesleyan chapel has long been a landmark at the top end of Fore Street. As it marked the 100th anniversary of the birth of Methodism, it was named the Centenary Chapel or ‘Chapel an Gansblydhen’ in Cornish. Methodism began in the mid 18th century, owing, in large part, to ‘the extensive travelling and organisational abilities’ of John Wesley. During the 1980s, the chapel was altered inside and out.
Find out More >